Patron of the Church of Queen of the Holy Rosary


The Society of the Daughters of God of Love, together with the believers, celebrated on October 7th the patron saint of its monastery church, which is part of the Catholic School Centre Sv. Josip in Banjski Brijeg.

The Eucharist on the memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary was celebrated by the parish priest of Dobrinja, OFM Danijel Rajić. Seven priests concelebrated, including the rector of the church and the boarding school educator, rev. Sandro Jurešić.

In his homily, OFM Daniel referred to the historical context of the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary and reminded that it was a commemoration of the victory of the Christian fleet at Lepanto on October 7th 1571, which is attributed to the prayer of the rosary. OFM Daniel also spoke about the Servant of the Mother of God Franziska Lechner, who expressed her charismatic work on behalf of the Society of the Daughters of God of Love, which she founded, as well as in the motto All for God, for the poor and for our Society.

The patron was preceded by a triduum which was an immediate preparation for this day.

By the way, the church in Banjski Brijeg was designed by Josip pl. Vancaš in 1909, and was blessed in 1911. It is also the place of prayer of Bl. Martyrs of Drina.